As the heat is rising and the summer in Ibiza is has most definitely arrived, is your pulse racing too? Are you feeling excited? Over-excited? Full of butterflies for this fast-paced high octane high temperature season?
Whether you are living in the UK, France, Spain, Holland, Germany or in the US or Canada too, as we enter the summertime, our social calendars open up with festivals, parties, clubs and many wonderful magical experiences.
So to enjoy this gorgeous flow sustainably, how can you ensure that you are able to stay in balance in body, heart and mind?
Take time to exhale, retreat from the heat, sip juices instead of beer and wine and allow your nervous system to rest and re-acclimatise with five tips for keeping your cool in body and mind.
All sounds so simple…. right? So why do so many of us end up feeling ready for the autumn to arrive! As human beings we love to connect – it enables us to feel wanted, loved and meaningful. When in Ibiza the dancing and music raises our vibrations and helps us release the pressure. Amazing. Yet taking time afterwards to honour your body and, in fact to soothe and calm your whole system needs to be just as important a part of your summer fun rituals.
1. Create time in the cool of the morning to collect and centre yourself – so that you can make decisions cooly for the rest of the day: drink a lemon water, or sip a lemon tea, inhale fresh scents and tastes to uplift your system and consciously, bring your hand to your belly, place your feet on the floor and take five long deep breaths from your feet through the crown of your head.
2. Immerse yourself in the natural healing colours of nature – take time away from the crowds to swim in turquoise waters, bathe in emerald seas or walk through green fields and inhale the fresh deep green of pine forests.
3. Take some gentle exercise daily – this boosts the lymphatic system which helps you expel toxins – yoga, pilates, walking, gentle runs and cycling are amazing. Or long beach walks with your calves in the water!
4. Decide whether you are saying YES because you feel you ought to go – or because you think you will miss out if you don’t! Feel into your body – what is your visceral reaction? Are your muscles tensing when you say yes… or do you truly feel it is going to be a relaxing, enjoyable pleasure… rather than an ‘uh-oh’ here we go again!
5. Take time to retreat each week – book in a date with yourself! And do something that enables you to connect with beauty – art, nature, inspiring music or simple peace and tranquility.
And most of all en-JOY your summer-time… keep following your bliss… which will enable your light to shine!