Here in Ibiza, fresh new leaves are cloaking the bare limbs of the trees like a vibrant green satin. Fuzzy baby almonds are bulging beautifully from their branches and the cats and chickens of the island are vibing up the atmosphere with calls and crows that herald this potent season. You can feel the energy of creation is alive, everywhere, with a serious call to action!
So how can you focus this energy to ensure to enable your buds to blossom brilliantly?
Create a clear outcome for your work and your life this season: something that includes your ability to enjoy the higher summer vibrations and the faster pace of life whilst remaining in harmony with your wellbeing. Something along the lines of: “I have taken care of the needs of 100 new clients in 2014, earning XXX amount of money and ensuring they feel personally cared for, relaxed and happy, whilst enabling one day a week purely for me to enjoy the island.”
How much time do you need to recover and recharge daily and/or weekly in order to keep your energy flowing? Remember: often it is too easy to live off an adrenal charge that can lead to burn-out, consumption of too much caffeine (or other stimulants), emotional dips and even depression. To avoid falling off the healthy, vibrant, band-wagon, create a daily practice for yourself NOW – something that is practical, enjoyable and realistic.
1. Ask yourself? How long can you take each morning to create a relaxed and calm state of body and mind? 15 minutes? 20 minutes?
2. Design your practice – what turns your inner-you on? How do you connect with that peaceful place inside most quickly and easily? Do you already meditate? Go for walks in nature? Practice yoga or breathing or mindfulness? Don’t quite know yet? Contact Ibiza life coaching expert Larah Davis via White Ibiza to help you design a personalised practice.
3. Create a space in your home that you can dedicate purely to this – and use a colour that resonates this calm, healing energy that can keep you centered amidst life-chaos.
4. Select the time of day at the beginning of the day that best works for you and set a gentle calming, loving alarm (not one that shocks the system!) that enables you to begin your day in a softer flow.
5. Prepare water by your bed the night before – to avoid distraction via making cups of tea – so you can drink fresh, pure aqua-life and then settle yourself on your mat/or in your practice space for your life-preparation of 15 – 20 minutes.
Be gentle with yourself – if you don’t do this one day – do it the next. Why not pair up with a friend and support each other in keeping this up by checking in with how it felt before and after – to recognise the benefits. Once you can recognise the benefits of this practice, your mind will begin to support this too – after 28 days it will genuinely become a healthy habit that runs on autopilot. So you can focus on the rest of YOU…