Juice recipes provided by our health expert Lana Love, owner of Passion Cafe*
After a few weeks of all the biggest club nights opening, we need to detox as much as possible before we hit the dance floors and do it all again.
- 1 cup of peeled and chopped pineapple
- 1 large or 2 small apples, cut into chunks
- ½ lemon, peeled
- Handful of fresh mint
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- Put pineapple, apple, lemon and ginger though your juicer.
- Place your extracted juice in a blender, add your mint, plus a few ice cubes if you wish and blend baby blend! You’ll end up with a fabulous, refreshing frothy smoothie so delicious to drink you’ll probably end up with white, foamy moustache!
Why drink it?
Pineapple is full of Vitamin C, wonderful digestive enzymes and is a fantastic cleanser. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, lemon is a fantastic alkaline zinger, mint just makes everything taste better and ginger is a great antifungal bendy little thing that also does wonders for digestion.
P.S. If you are in a festive mood already and want to spice this baby up, a ‘dash’ of vodka will do nicely. As healthy an alcoholic cocktail as you can get!
See you at the bar!