At some point in their journey, yogis may find themselves asking the question – should I attend yoga teacher training? Obviously your practice is already at a certain level for you to be contemplating the idea, but – despite what the name of these intensive yoga retreats suggests – becoming a teacher doesn’t always have to be the primary goal. Ibiza yoga instructor Nora Belton of Spirit Body Yoga gives us ten reasons to enrol in Yoga Teacher Training here in Ibiza in 2015 (click here to read more about the November teacher training course).
1. The chance to live and learn on the beautiful Balearic island of Ibiza, where the wild and beautiful nature is balanced by cosmopolitan lifestyles, where hippies and businessmen dine side by side in harmony and where the energy is like no place else. “ Ibiza has a very specific kind of spiritual energy,” says Nora, of her adoptive home of more than 20 years. “Many people consider it a vortex of energy, which explains why it attracts both artists and clabbers alike! There is so much energy available here and as human beings, we become a conduit for this energy. The energy is transformative, a Scorpionic energy, representing death and rebirth – so you can expect a life transforming experience.” Who knows… you might follow Nora’s lead and move here yourself!
2. The chance to be immersed in traditional Ashram style living, at the beautiful and tranquil ‘Ibiza Perspectives’ retreat centre, located on the seaside of Santa Eulalia within walking distance of a quaint holiday village.
3. The obvious physical benefits of the intensive experience include deepening your own practice and refining your technique, learning to understand your own body and learning to avoid injury – for both yourself and your future students’ benefit.
4. The spiritual awakening and transformation you will undergo. ““A transformation happens whether you like it or not,” says Nora, who is passionate about empowering her students to go within on their journey of self-discovery and become grounded spiritually during the training.
5. Yoga teacher training is a wonderful relationship building experience – the relationships formed on retreat will often become lifelong friendships and support networks, between teacher and student, and students alike.
6. Increasing your self-confidence and improving your self-esteem is a wonderful by-product of yoga teacher training, as it comes naturally throughout the course of the fortnight.
7. You will develop a huge amount of mental strength to prepare for and undergo a teacher training course, with mind, body and soul-based challenges constantly appearing in your path.
8. It’s a fascinating fortnight of education, in addition to your yoga practices, from the philosophies of yoga, to an in-depth look at physiology, prepare for your mind to be expanded.
9. You’ll be a qualified teacher at the end of the 200-hour training! Whether you choose to pursue it as a career path or not is entirely up to you, but you’ll leave the course with the official certification of a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher RYT 200.
10. Last, but not least there’s the chance to study intensely with a world-class teacher such as Nora Belton. Of course, the oh-so-humble instructor would never quote herself as a reason, so we’re doing it for her! Nora is certified by the renowned Yoga Alliance and teaches in the traditional Sivananda style (which she has been practicing since she was a teenager) – a solid, safe and well-rounded practice. Read more about Nora on White Ibiza here.