How often do you find yourself saying, “I wish I could… make it to yoga, go running in the morning, treat myself to a massage, visit the art gallery, go for swim, walk in nature, tell my friends I love them, stop to rest properly… but I just don’t have the time!”.
Go on. Be honest. Are you truly taking responsibility for your health and happiness or are you subscribing to the ‘I’m too busy’ cultural zeitgeist that sees this busy-ness as an asset?
Whether plugging in to Facebook to feel wanted and appreciated, commented on or liked, or simply being available all the time, being needed makes us feel wanted. Indeed, the greatest human need of all is for love and connection, as this underpins our survival as a species as well as massaging the insecurities of the ego-mind. Yet, to be truly healthy and happy requires a different allegiance. To be loyal to your self and to your holistic wellbeing, which means understanding and knowing how to nourish, your mental, physical and spiritual needs.
Here is a self-care health check in five simple steps:
1. What helps you to rest.. And to re-energise ?
2. What does me-time and relaxation really mean to you?
3. Do you know how to retreat from the ever-chattering monkey-mind, so that the adrenals can stop pumping the insanely addictive adrenaline and noradrenaline around your body, so you can properly let go and release ?
4. Can you create ten minutes first thing in the morning before attending to your emails/children/partner/other to walk or sit in nature, or in a quiet space, where you can ground your feet in to the earth and breath slowly, deeply and consciously?
5. Can you find a way to integrate a walk in nature and some time to stretch within the day?
If you don’t know how to answer these five questions, then a holistic wellness coaching session could be just the awareness-ticket for uncovering your needs and creating a work-life strategy that allows enough time for you…
Contact Ibiza Retreats for wonderful 20-minute morning yoga flow audio guidance, 10-minute guided breathwork, meditations and evening nervous-system healing visualisations. Email email@example.com for further information.