Whether you are here in Ibiza to chillax and take a lovely, luxurious holiday, are working for the summer season or if you live here as part of the year-round community, summer sends shivers of excitement through us all… and also pre-forms beads of anticipatory sweat!
As things are heating up now at the peak of the sunshine-sand-and-sexy-happening parties gold-rush, knowing how to keep your cool can also keep you sane.
Do you lie in the sun in the heat of the day? Or begin your cocktail hour way before the sun has set? Are you late to bed and late to rise? Or do you open the shutters to a bright fresh new morning and take some time to embrace the beauty of the nature outside?
How does your body feel as you rehydrate from a long-lost-weekend? Are you taking good enough care of yourself in the high-season vibrations? Or do you feel exhausted, hot and bothered? Perhaps even… going around the bend?
The heat can sap the energy from our system as it works double-time to keep us cool, yet with some simple, smart organisation you simply need to follow 5 key cooling-rules to manage your summer effectively.
(1) Stay OUT of the midday sun – yes, as obvious as it sounds, schedule appointments, meetings, even lunches for later in the day to avoid getting in and out of cars in the midst of the daily-heat-bake.
(2) Take siestas – or at least, consciously make sure you rest in the heat of the day. Stick your legs up the wall and spend time breathing deeply, to nourish your body with fresh oxygenated blood and to calm your nervous system.
(3) Shower or bathe as often as you can – whilst being conscious of water usage, this does cool your system and resets your inner-thermometer. The best option is to take a swim in the sea, full of salt that purifies and drains out toxins.
(4) Place your feet in a cool bucket of water at the end of a working day, or a long night of dancing. This will release the heat and allow your system to drain and rebalance itself. Ideally add Ibiza salts and even some cooling lavender.
(5) Purchase an amazing lavender spritz spray – we love those made by wonderful botanist Anna Brooks – to keep in your hand-bag, the car, the beach-bag, even take it out with you! This helps keep your mind cool, your skin refreshed and glosses and, when sprayed on the back of your neck, is the best way to keep your nervous system cool.
And of course, if you wish to consume alcohol, make sure you drink twice as much water… as much as you can, with some replenishing mineral salts and plenty of fabulously fresh lemon. Add mint for extra cooling for the mind and the mind.
Take time to be… to contemplate… and to ENJOY your Ibiza summer-time!