First of all, let me just say, that is NOT ME in the photo (I wish!). Aside from the fact I would never publish a photo of myself (to protect my identity of course), I am actually w-a-a-a-y too chicken and un-sporty to try wakeboarding myself! It’s hard enough building up the courage to jump in the sea (I prefer pools, really I do)!
Thankfully for me, another very eager White-ette (Miss S, pictured above) stepped up to the plate (or wakeboard as the case may be) when we were aboard the swish new Mamboats recently so I could get some photographic evidence of just how cool these sea creatures really are. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg…
Please allow me to enlighten you with my ten favourite things about the Mamboats. Oh – and as an extra 11th thing, Mamboats are now offering 30% off all bookings this week!
1. The Mamboats are like on-water Lamborghinis. Or Ferraris. Or Porsches. Or Maseratis. Whichever is THE BEST. I’m not exaggerating – Mastercraft (the official name of the make of the boat of which the legendary Café Mambo co-own two, in conjunction with the brains behind the business, Adam Creedy) is known as the most high-powered, super speedy yet ultra-luxurious water sports vessels on the water. There’s no compromise on anything – from the sleek, glossy exterior to lush tan leather seats, to innovative design details and much, much more. And did I mention these little babies go FAST? Not only do they go faster than any other boat I’ve ever seen in Ibiza, they are so smooth on water it’s like you are gliding across the sea. Yep, even in choppy waters. I am officially in love.
2. They are surprisingly affordable. This, dear readers, came as something of a shock to me, as I’ve been writing about (and going on!) Ibiza boat charters for years and know just how hard they can hit your wallet. But the Mamboats concept is simple – to give everyone a slice of the luxurious on-water lifestyle. Starting at just 55€ per person (in low season) and going up to just 100€ for a VIP cruise, this is a truly amazing offer, and one I think will shake up the Ibiza speedboat market for sure. As Mamboats co-owner Adam pointed out to me, for the price of a club ticket, you can have the most unforgettable day at sea, complete with drinks, food and watersports… So good I think I will book it every week! Power to the people – quite literally.
3. It’s like ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ on the Med! With a huge variety of packages, charters and destinations on offer, Mamboats pretty much have every style of boating covered, whether you want a fast-paced afternoon of water sports, a chilled out champagne sunset cruise or a day of island hopping and exploring. But if you think you’ve seen and done it all before – there’s always someone, isn’t there – just ask, and your Mamboats captain can create a customised journey for you, taking you to secret coves, untouched islands (even Es Vedra) and beaches, bays and even restaurants only accessible by boat. And trust me, they love a challenge…
4. Your captain is pretty much the coolest person ever. Fact. There are some boat charters where your captain just kind of stays in the shadows, giving you dark looks when you dare suggest changing course or cracking open another bottle of champers – or worse, when they try too hard to be your friend in a kind of cringey, uncle kind of way! But being on a Mamboat is like an extension of the Café Mambo hospitality – your hosts are young, cool and want you to have a good time. Adam, we salute you. And thank you!
5. The selection of music onboard is totally cool. Of course it is, given the calibre of Café Mambo’s musical connections – forget those tired old Ibiza chillout CDs that live on most boat charters, here you can choose from over 100 awesome playlists – yes, yes, you know I chose Luciano – and if THAT doesn’t float your boat, you can even choose to have the live music from Café Mambo streamed onboard. Failing that, if you’re really craving some Katy Perry, you can BYO iPod too.
6. Mamboats are THE hottest Ibiza sunset location, bar none. Yep, they even exceed the coolness of their namesake, Café Mambo. To watch the sun sink into the sea while you’re at sea has to be one of the most amazing Ibiza experiences ever, and your Mamboat captain has multiple options for the best viewing points on the island. And sure, you can moor right outside Café Mambo should you wish, waving at the other folk on land and listening to the same music. It’s just like Mambo… but better!
7. Hungry? Why not just get some Kama Sushi home delivered to your Mamboat? We did – and when I say home delivery, this is where Adam really went the extra mile for the hungry White-ettes. Radioing our order ashore, we moored outside of Mambo while our able seaman DIVED INTO THE WATER and swam ashore to hand deliver our hand rolls! We were beyond impressed – and we hear rumours of a special remote control dinghy delivery service in the works for next summer too!
8. The Mamboats are even more amazing by night! Most charters in Ibiza will have you back in the port and disembarked before the suns has set, but not the Mamboats! After you’ve experience your iconic Ibiza sunset moment, you can stay aboard for a while longer and watch your vessel come alive with cool green and blue LED lighting… like the ultimate VIP area on water! Even better, as you cruise at high speed back to the mooring place in the San Antonio port is watching the luminous wake behind you!
9. The toilet. Yes, you heard me. The toilet. Now, as many of you would know, visiting the loo on a boat is never an ideal situation. In fact, it’s kind of scary. And on boats of this size, it quiet often turns out that there is no toilet aboard – which, when you’ve consumed quite a few glasses of champagne at sunset – is even less than ideal! And while you would never know it to look at it, the Mamboat also features a high-tech hidden toilet compartment just opposite the passenger’s seat (see below – now you see it, now you don’t!)… Surprise! You would literally never know by looking at it. Sure, it’s small – but given the boat’s smooth sailing capacity, it’s easy to manoeuvre and as a girl who likes her creature comforts, I have to say I found it super impressive!
10. The total James Bond style experience of the Mamboats. Wow – from super fast chillers that can chill a warm bottle of champagne in seconds to dining tables that come out of the floor, a convertible canopy, secret compartments big enough to hide waterskis and wakeboards, and so much more, the Mamboat is a thing of beauty, craftsmanship and amazement. BYO Bond girls. James not included… but if you’re lucky, you might just get Adam!