Miss W’s blog: Why detox during party season?
That’s the question people have been asking me this week, as I’ve been toting my special detox pills, fibre sachets, drink flask and powdered shakes to every appointment and occasion. The consensus seems to be that most people prefer to detox before the season hits in April or May, or at the end of a hectic and toxic summer. But not me. I’ve never been a fan of doing what everyone else does just for the sake of it.
And that is why I decided to embark on a nine-day detox program as the months of July and August collide. Oh, and I also bumped into my lovely friend Miss M, who had just completed a detox of her own and looked SO amazing I simply had to have some of what she was having (dammit – maybe I DO do things other people do for the sake of it!).
There are a plethora of juice cleanses, detoxes and diet programmes available in Ibiza for those looking to kickstart a new healthy lifestyle, embark on a weight loss regime or totally detox their systems… whether you’re a year-round resident or looking for a relaxing, healthy detox retreat – but more on that in the latest edition of the White Ibiza Wellness Magazine (download FREE here).
In the meantime, if you need any more convincing, let me talk you through my own reasoning behind detoxing in peak season.
- It’s too hot to eat.
- It’s too hot to cook.
- The best restaurants are too busy to get a reservation.
- I’m so busy with work I don’t have time to eat.
- I’m so busy with work I don’t have time to go out for dinner!
- My friends are so busy with work they aren’t going out for dinners.
- I’m saving money by not drinking and dining out which means more funds to play with in the holy grail month of September.
- I plan to emerge from my detox like a butterfly from a cocoon – a (hopefuly skinny!) picture of good health instead of the usual August look of over-partied, over-tired bad skin and podgy fast-food belly.
- I’m actually brimming with energy thanks to all the fresh food and vitamins – not a single siesta has been taken since starting on the plan – and I feel like can tackle anything August throws at me, rather than waiting to hide under the covers. It’s like a mid-season energy top-up.
- I’m enjoying the smug feeling of getting up and glowing in the mornings while everyone in the office else is shaking off the night before’s hangover. Hey, it might only be nine days, but one may as well be sanctimonious while they can!
I’d offer to post before and after pictures, but, well, you know – anonymity and all that! You’ll just have to take my word for it…