Beauty blog: Party eyes
Glitz, glamour, shimmer and shine! Ibiza girls certainly stand out from the crowd – especially if they’ve been beautified by professional Ibiza make-up artists Corina Smith and Sara Muhammad of Smack Ibiza. The duo behind Ibiza’s most glamorous party girls give us the lowdown on creating the perfect party eyes that pop, whether it’s a pop of glitter in the corners of the eyes or a high shine highlight swept across the cheekbones, for an Ibiza party look.
– MAC Reflex. “In silver or gold this reflex is neither a shimmer or a glitter,” says Sara. “We call it a sparkle as it only needs to be pressed on the eyes with the fingers for easy application and stays on all night. Pop it into the corners of eyes for an understated look or for a full effect, press over the entire look to wear to parties like Flower Power at Pacha.”
– Stila Magnificent Metal Eyeliner- Totally Rock n Roll. “We love the Metallic Black Gold and the Metallic Gunmetal shades. These feel like cream eyeshadows and are best applied again with fingertips or an eyeliner brush. They create a high intensity shine with a super metallic finish.”
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO PARTY EYES BY SMACK IBIZA
– Press Stila Metallic Gold Metal Eyeliner all over the eyelid, blending with the fingertips.
– Add MAC Gel Liner in Blacktrack to the inner rim of the eyes and also on the top lash line, using an eye lining or a soft angle brush. Blend the edges to give a soft, smoky look.
– To add another dimension to this look, you could add a bronze or orange eyeshadow shade. Using a fluffy blending brush, blend the shadow into the crease of the eyelid and blend outwards and upwards to crate a soft edge to the entire eye makeup.
– Finish with two coats of mascara and a pop of silver and gold MAC Reflex mixed into the inner corners of the eyes.
Skin should be highlighted just on the tops of the cheekbones, tip of the nose, top of the cupids bow to finish this look off (We love Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Bronze as you can create bronzed contour and highlight with one product), with eyebrows lightly brushed into place and lips lightly glossed.